Randstad Italia spa, In-house division, is currently recruiting a Data Handling Engineer for a customer company in the Aerospace Industry.
Our client conceive, design and deliver high technology solutions for satellites, payloads, equipment, systems and services for telecommunications, observation, navigation and exploration programs, as well as orbital Infrastructures and space transportation systems. The Rome site is a center of excellence for Earth Observation, Telecommunication and Navigation space programs.
The “Data Handling, Command & Control and Systems Modelling” Unit belongs to the “Avionics& Electrical Engineering” department in the Competence Center Platform and Integration – Italy.
The Division is responsible for the definition of the operational concept of the Spacecraft and for the data systems including communication and processing. The Unit contributes to the entire lifecycle of the products from initial conceiving and feasibility studies, preparation of proposals, design and implementation up to the operations and maintenance. The activities carried out by the Dpt include:
- Ground to Space interface definition in terms of CCSDS and ECSS protocol stack tailoring (including Packet Utilization Standard)
- Preparation of the Command & amp; Control requirements, including definition of the and on-board data bus and communication links;
- Data Handling budget preparation
- Avionics specification and design
- Definition of the Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) strategy
- Data Handling Hardware specification, including OBC and RTUs
- On Board SW specification
- HW/SW integration and Avionics V&V activities
- Provide support to LEOP, IOT and operational phases
- Related R&D activities
The postholder will be in charge of contributing to the different phases of the lifecycle of the Data Handling System (DHS) of the Spacecraft, starting from requirements of the DHS to design definition. This also includes the FDIR of the Spacecraft. Lower level requirements are expected to be prepared as well (in particular to HW and SW entities which are part of the Data Handling) and technical monitoring of internally procured items will be performed. Organization and execution of Technical reviews I also included, both internally to the company and with external entities. Change management process will be mastered too.
The resource will also work on the design, the implementation and the execution of test cases at Avionic Test Bench and possibly at Satellite level, and documentation of V&V activities in VCD. It is expected that support to satellite launch phase may be also performed, including simulations, LEOP and IOT. Starting from System Level Documentation or Avionics Level Documentation, the most relevant deliverable items expected to be prepared in the scope of the proposed activity are reported here below:
- C&C Specification and Interface Requirements for Platform and Payloads
- Spacecraft Specific PUS
- Spacecraft DH, Software & Memory Budgets
- Spacecraft level DVCM preparation for DH and C&C related requirements and performances, including related Reviews and Analyses report.
- On Board SW Matrix
- SMU, RT and OBSW Specification
The working site is Rome, but it might be required working in other locations for short mid-term periods (e.g. attendance to external test facilities or activities in customer or subcontractors premises). Short periods of 24h shift working across the full week might be required upon specific program needs.
The ideal candidate shoud have a Master Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science and be fluent in English (C1 and above certification) both listening and reading.
Knowledge in the following cutting-edge technologies is highly preferred:
- Multicore processors (LEON4/GR740)
- Time/space partitioning operating systems and hypervisors (XTRATUM/PikeOS)
- CFDP protocol
- CAN bus (CAN-OPEN protocol).
Expertise in the following areas is also required:
- CCSDS/ECSS telemetry and telecommand standards (synchronization and channel coding, data link)
- ECSS Packet Utilization Standard (PUS)
- SW development standards: ECSS E-40/Q-80
- Data Handling Hardware (On Board Computer, Remote Terminal Unit, GNSS receiver, microprocessors)
- 1553, Spacewire, CAN open
- SW or hybrid (HW/SW) simulators
- Data compression and encryption
- Orchestra Suite (PV:: & Doors at least)
The candidare should also posses:
- A customer focused approach and proactive attitude
- An organizational methodical approach to the work with strong communication skills
- The Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, to work autonomously and in team
- Strong attitude to achieve results within time and cost constraints
- Problem solving attitude
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).